Let’s Go BANANAS!
Bananas are sweet, delicious, portable snacks! But it seems like they’re always a little too green or a little too brown. Check out my tips below to learn the best ways to store bananas to keep them PERFECT longer and prevent waste!
Download the printable PDF with bonus recipes!
- Keep your bananas in bunches and store them at room temperature – out of direct sunlight.
- Hang them on a banana tree or store them in a bowl to prevent resting bruises.
- Store your ripe bananas next to other ripe fruit to quicken the ripening process – plus it will slow the ripening of the other fruit!
- Wrap the ends of the bunch with plastic wrap to slow the ripening process.
- Separate the individual bananas from the bunch to slow the ripening process.
- Place your ripe bananas in the fridge to keep them at this stage longer – note the skins will turn brown but the insides will still be perfectly firm.
- Store next to other unripe fruit to slow the ripening process of the bananas – plus the unripe fruit will ripen faster!
- Worried your bananas will go bad before you can eat them, freeze your ripe (or slightly overripe) bananas for use in smoothies, nice cream, etc. – to freeze: peel, cut them in half, and store in plastic bags in your freezer – zero waste!
- Keep uneaten portion in the skin, cut away empty skin, wrap the open end in plastic wrap (or these adorable stretchy Monkey Banana Savers) and store in the fridge.
- Mash them in baked goods – they add moisture and natural sweetness so you can skip or cut down on added oil and sugar – check out a couple of my favorite healthy recipes using ripe bananas on this FREE download.
Want to learn how you could benefit from eating more plants and how UNBELIEVABLY easy it is to do?
Join me for a FREE webinar on Tuesday, September 21st at 12:00 pm or 6:30 pm(EST)!
Use the links below to sign up for one of my FREE Zoom calls! After the presentation, I will be available to answer your questions. I hope to see you there!
12:00 pm webinar
6:30 pm webinar